Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Heart New England

I already miss it. Last week I had a mini family vacay up to Providence, RI to visit sister and F.B.I.L. (Future Brother In Law). It was so nice to get out of Wilmington and NC for a couple of days and see Meg and Matt. My favorite thing about Providence in October: the wonderful weather! I love fall. It is my absolute favorite time of the year. The cool crisp air...the colorful changing of the leaves...apples and pumpkins...I can't get enough of it!



My parents and I left on Wednesday morning and drove the 13 hours it takes to get to Providence. Note to all: 13-hour car rides are not comfy when you are 27 weeks pregnant. I don't think my dad realized how often we were going to have to stop for pee breaks and for me to walk around. Every 2 to 3 hours we had to make a pit-stop. Luckily, dad was understanding. I slept for the majority of the trip. There is something about long distance car rides that just put me to sleep. I woke up in Providence with Megan helping me out of the car. Nice way to arrive after a long drive.



Even though we did a lot of stuff, it was definately relaxing. Plus my parents, sister and I haven't really had family time like that in a while so it was really nice to be a family again. Usually when Meg comes to visit she can only come for a few days and there are so many other people for her to see we don't really get to spend a lot of time together as a family. We went apple picking and to dinner on Thursday and on Friday we went to Newport and shopped around. Mom and Dad left Saturday morning for Maine, and Meg and I went shopping and to a Columbus Day festival in Federal Hill. Then we did some more shopping and had dinner and dessert. It was so nice to not have to work, not have to worry about what I needed to do that day, and not have any stress for a couple of days.



Meg also got to feel Skeletor moving around. He's become so active these days and now other people can feel him too so it's a nice thing to share with others. Meg was also amused by how big my belly has gotten. The last time she saw me was in August at my shower. It's amazing much my belly has grown. Only 12 weeks to go!



I have so much to do in the next couple of weeks it is a little overwhelming. But I'm excited to start working on the house. It is going to be surreal living in my Great Granny's house. I'm happy though. I can finally start working on the nursery and start the nesting process. I have a feeling that this project is going to make my pregnancy fly by.



Speaking of the nursery, I have decided to have a forest theme with trees and owls. Nothing creepy! And I want to find those letters to put on the walls for his initials. I found some cute ideas online at Etsy and at Project Nursery. I've also narrowed down my names. Although I'm not entirely sold on a first name yet, I decided his middle name would be Kellum which is my great granny's maiden name. The contenders for first names are as follows: Owen, Mason, Jonas, and Miles.

I have my next appointment at the end of the month and mom is coming with me! We get to see Skeletor and I'm so excited! Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment