Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sorry for the Delay Folks




So last I blogged, I was in the early stages of my labor with my sweet little Skeletor. I can't believe I was blogging now that I look back, but I admit it helped take my mind off of the painful process. Soon after my last post, I received my epidural because let's face it folks childbirth is not that fun. I don't care what people say, it is not a beautiful process. The contractions, the exhaustion, the puking (oh yes there was puking!)...if you saw my pics of me right after he was delivered this Modern Mama was not pretty!






The epidural helped tremendously up until I had to start pushing and realized I could feel my left side. I tried to pump up the volume on the drugs, but it didn't do a damn thing. So I pushed for almost 3 hours with one side in pain and one side numb. It is definately one of the hardest things I have ever done in my entire life, but I was very lucky to have Team Tracy to help me deliver. Mama Mia and Auntie M were the best coaches a girl could have! They pushed with me and they encouraged me when I was tired beyond belief. They even took control when my labor nurse had to leave to monitor another patient. I am so grateful to them for helping me get through the whole thing.






After 20 LONG hours, Kellum Sawyer arrived at 10:38pm. It was so surreal for them to lay him on my chest. I carried him in me for 9 months, wondering what he would look like and not knowing what to expect when I finally saw him. I couldn't believe that I had pushed him out of me. I know that sounds strange. But you have to admit, the whole pregnancy and childbirth experience is strange.






Now that we have gotten home and have 2 1/2 weeks under our belt, we are doing pretty good. Kellum is a very good baby and I'm learning what mommy-life is really like. I have a lot of help from Mia and Auntie M, as well as my family and friends thankfully. We are very lucky to be surrounded by so much love. Aunt Meg comes in a few weeks to meet Kellum for the first time and I can't wait to see her! I know it has been killing her that she hasn't held him yet. I am enjoying my time home with my baby, but I know the reality of work and everything else will be coming soon. Until then I will keep ya'll up to date on what's going on in this Modern Mama's world!

No comments:

Post a Comment