Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here We Go...

I know what your thinking. She's blogging while in labor? Well, I got news for you folks: labor is not that interesting. In fact it's pretty boring. A girl's got to find some way to pass the time I guess.

So our adventure began last night around midnight. Mom hasn't been sleeping that great lately because of the anticipation and she had actually gone to bed early. I put on my brand new p.j.s that Auntie M gave me for Christmas. I was laying on the couch with the dogs watching Jersey Shore (guilty pleasure), and all of a sudden I felt a warmness come over me. My first thoughts were: "Okay...That's definately different;" "I hope Bowie didn't get wet;" and "Oh Shit!"

So I woke up mom and let her know, we got everything ready, picked up Auntie M, and headed out. At first I wasn't positive my water broke because I wasn't sure what to expect, but after one pee stop I was certain my water had broken. Plus the mild contractions I was having clued me in. I don't care what any of those stupid girls on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" say, you definately know when you are having contractions. I've gone 9 months without a single cramp. So far even the mild ones feel like bad period cramps, so those girls are either complete idiots or full of shit.

We got to the hospital around 1:45am and got checked in and hooked up to the montiors and IVs. I'm 12 hours in and hoping that this petocin kicks into high gear soon! Can't wait to meet Skeletor!

No comments:

Post a Comment