Friday, January 7, 2011

And I am Officially Overdue

Day One. I don't know if I can do this people. I apparently am having a stubborn child...great! Spicy food, pineapple, moving, painting, walking...NOTHING! What's even more frustrating is that I have no idea when he will come so I can't mentally prepare for labor. I mean, I'm somewhat prepared, but I'm not a big fan of surprises. I like to know when and where things are going to happen. I like to know what to expect in situations. I've had contractions, but I'm not entirely sure they are contractions. Every time I used the bathroom, I check for any signs of labor. I'm becoming paranoid about my body because my little stubborn bundle of joy is enjoying the free hot tub he's become accustomed. Doesn't he want to meet me? Doesn't he want to meet all the people who are excited to see him? Doesn't he want his mommmy to be happy and have her body back?!!!

The house is almost done and I'm glad I took the last week of December off to help get things done. Megan was a huge help while she was here, I just wish she could have gotten the chance to meet her nephew. I'm starting to go a little stir crazy though. Not only because I'm waiting for the baby but also because I'm so used to working. I kind of miss the salon. Not to mention making money. 8 weeks of no pay is not an ideal situation for a single modern mama. So if anyone needs there hair did while I'm off let me know. Yet another reason he needs to come on...mama needs to get back to work!

Everyone has been so supportive and helpful with the house and helping me get through this whole experience. Mom & Dad, Meg & Matt, Mary & David, my whole family, Daniela, everyone at the salon, Mandy, and Nikki: thank you especially for all the encouraging words and help with getting ready for Skeletor's arrival. We are both so lucky to have such a big family that loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment