Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Hate Being Sick!

Go figure that I would get a cold two days before my vacation! Congestion, body aches, sore throat, ear ache, and overall miserability...Mama is NOT happy! So I first consulted the "bible" and it told me that I could take benadryl and a decongestant. However, I was a little weary of taking anything before talking to my doctor. I called my OB this morning, and a nurse told me to stock up on Claritin, Benadryl, and cough drops. Then my body and head started hurting so I called back like the ever cautious person (and mom-to-be) that I am. Tylenol is fine to take but in a low dosage. So I made my way to CVS and bought my arsenal of drugs to help fight this monster off. No way am I letting a little cold ruin my fun! Being sick is a bitch as it is and I am not a fun sick person to be around. I whine, cry, and don't want to be around anyone. But being sick AND pregnant...even worse! My symptoms are 10x worse than they normally would be and the decongestant makes me more nauseous. I haven't really been able to keep much down except mashed potatoes. So while I still have some packing to finish up, this little mama will be sipping chamomile tea and taking a bath to suck all the toxins out of my body. I plan to be sleeping like a corpse by 1030 promptly.

Hoping to feel better,
Modern Mama

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I took Tylenol Cold and Sinus on and off through my whole pregnancy. You have extra fluids including snot flowing through ya! lol. I hope you feel ten times better soon and maybe being away from this pollen ridden area will help.
    Holler if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes, i know a good hotel down the street... haha, just kidding!!! I'll take good care off you love.

    ReplyDelete