Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's Official...

I'm definately pregnant.  Of course I already knew this, but yesterday made it totally real.  What was it that became the defining moment for me and my little peanut you ask?  I bought pregger jeans.  Yep, that's right folks.  I swear that in the time I left NC and arrived in CA, my belly has grown.  Not much, but definately enough to cause my jeans to be uncomfortable.  Nikki and I did some shopping yesterday and by the time we hit the third store I couldn't take it anymore.  I felt like someone was tightening a belt around my waist to the point where I couldn't breathe.  I found myself wanting to pull my pants down below my waist and let my belly hang out.  Nice image right?  I sound like a morbidly obese person who ate too much at the all-you-can-eat buffet.  So we went by H&M (love that store!) and come to find out they have a very small section for maternity clothes.  Now folks, maternity clothes are not very trendy at all.  Your lucky if you can find anything that doesn't scream "boring" or "bland."  And while their selection was limited, low and behold I found a pair of jeans that worked.  Believe me when I say that my tummy felt 20 times better when I put those jeans on.  I could breathe!  I didn't feel like I was cutting off the flow of oxygen to the rugrat.  Not to mention they looked like low rise jeans, but I didn't have to worry about my ass hanging out whenever I sat down.  I should have been wearing these a long time ago.  You don't have to worry about a muffin top.  You can eat too much, and you don't have to unbutton your jeans for relief.  I believe that every woman, pregnant or not, should own a pair.  They are definately worth the money spent on them.  Now I need to find a pair of dark skinny pregger jeans, and I will be set.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! love the imagery dara!! glad you found something to help! can't wait to meet the little peanut!!!

    ReplyDelete