Monday, July 5, 2010

Back to the Grind

Well 4th of July weekend came and went and I had a blast. Met some cool new people, hung out with my Matty, and had a great 4th with Daniela and her family. And now it's back to the grind...

Took my ass to the gym today and this mamasita is determined to go at least 4 days a week. Now before any of you can comment, my doctor and the Bible both say that 4 days is safe for the peanut and good for me too. So that being said, I am ready! I refuse to have people think I'm fat and not pregnant! Not to mention I am NOT gaining more than what was recommended to me by my doctor. Let the resolution begin!

So within this past week I have begun to experience "growing pains" or as I like to call them "the cramps that feel like my insides are being ripped out." These are NOT FUN!!!! These lovely little aches are the result of the ligaments in my uterine muscles stretching. Sounds awesome huh? They always seem to hit me later in the evening too or when I'm out doing something. I have found the only relief comes from me laying down which I know is a good thing. I should be taking it easy and relaxing, but I have a problem. I can't sit still or just relax. I feel like I always have something to do, so I guess I'm going to have to start listening to my body and chill out. Plus I'm hoping the gym will help with them as well.

I have also started feeling like I have butterflies in my tummy. Now it may be in my head, but the Bible says that sometimes in the 4th month you start to feel fluttering in your stomach. The fluttering is the baby. It happens late at night or when I've been sitting still for a long period of time. Call me dramatic or call it wishful thinking, but I think my baby is moving around already quite a bit and I can feel it happening.

Well, that's it for now. Bowie is pawing at me to get off the computer and I have dinner to cook. I'm taking the professional's advice and taking it easy tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete