Sunday, July 18, 2010

Independence Can be a Lonely Road

This I promise (or will try to promise) will be my one and ONLY sappy sad blog. However, I feel it is important to write and reflect on this issue, so you can skip if you would like. While being a Modern Mama is completely liberating and empowering, it can be a lonely road. Yes I have my wonderful family and ever-so supportive friends, but I will admit I miss having a man around. I've realized I need some help doing things now that I could do on my own before. I tried to hang curtain rods the other day and came to the conclusion that I probably shouldn't be climbing up and down the couch in my condition. There is some work that is just plain Man work. But the obvious things like helping out and companionship aside, I wish I had someone around to experience all of this with me. The growing belly, the hunger attacks, to tell me it's ok that I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday, ect... It's hard being a Modern Mama. However, that being said; I am still happy with my decision. I feel peaceful and stress-free for the most part and I know if I was in a relationship with Baby Daddy I would not be in that frame of mind.

Onto bigger news...my dear friend Mandy gave me some of her bras from her early days and I was completely shocked when I was able to fit comfortably in them. Shocked because they are a size 34DD!!!!! HOLY MOLEY!!! And the scary thing is that are going to continue to grow. These bad boys aren't finished yet. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I guess there is nothing I can do. Now, most women would be excited about this new development, but I on the other hand am not. I like wearing a medium to small sized shirt. None of my tops fit anymore, growing belly aside. But I guess that's just one of the many "perks" of being pregnant.

Well off to try to accomplish more "man work." Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Dara. Love you and look forward to seeing real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. today's a new day. SS office went well so maybe all else will too

    ReplyDelete