Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Great Wax Adventure Brought to You by the Best Week EVER!!!

I'm going to go on record by saying that I have quite possibly some of the worst luck known to man. Nothing ever seems to go my way. Until recently...This past week my luck seems to have turned around. I don't want to jinx myself, but I finally feel like things may be looking up for me and my little baby. First, I went to the Social Security office and actually only spent a total of 15 minutes in the black hole of our government agencies. For those of you who have had the great misfortune of having to go to the Social Security office for anything, you know that this can be an all day adventure. I needed a replacement social security card, and thankfully it only took me 15 minutes to accomplish this task. And it only took 2 days to receive the replacement card.

The next day, I woke up early and went to the Department of Social Services to apply for Medicaid. Now, I have insurace but it isn't the greatest. I know that I could not afford to have a baby with my insurance. Not to mention that I work my ass off and pay taxes. I have every right to take advantage of the federal programs offered to those who just can't afford to do it on their own. Anyhow, this task can also take all day to complete from what I understand. However, I was in and out of that office in an hour. And 4 days later, I received my Medicaid card.

The complicated car situation is on it's way to an end as well. The bank will hopefully approve and close on my auto loan on Monday. I was able to negotiate the car dealer down to the price I needed in order to get the loan, too. It made me feel so powerful and adult-like! So hopefully next week my mom can have her car back and I will finally have my own again!!!

Now on to the Great Wax Adventure:
Wednesday I had my first wax appointment...brazilian wax. See, I have decided that there is no way in hell I am going to be able to keep it nice and neat when I have a big huge belly. So I've decided that waxing would be the best solution to this problem. I showed up and Jaycee (waxing extraordinaire) took me back to her room. She was super nice and made me feel at ease, but I will say it was not the most comfortable thing in the world to go through. I dropped my drawers and climbed onto the table. There were stirrups just like at the doctor's office that I put my feet in. And then the process began...and let me say it was a little more painful than I remembered. Thankfully, Jaycee is quick. We talked about the baby and work while she ripped away. Fifteen minutes and I was cleaned up. Apparently I will have to go back in 3-4 weeks and then I will be on a 6 week regimen. And while it was a little painful, I know I won't have to deal with the headache of shaving. Not to mention it will help me prepare for childbirth. If I can make it through a brazilian, then I can make it through labor.

1 comment:

  1. you are insane!Once you start the labor process you won't give a FLIP about what you look like "down there" or who sees you "down there"!!

    ReplyDelete